5 Things to be Happy About in 2021
The Team at OD&V are jumping into the new year with both feet and a very positive mindset. We are choosing positivity over doubt and we are starting 2021 with a spring in our step.
Like most businesses across the world, we have faced many challenges here at OD&V during 2020. We have worried about the future of our business and our entire industry as events were cancelled or postponed. We experienced deep concern about the rising number of cases of COVID in the UK, and wondered how this would affect our future lives, both in business and personally. We have at times felt low after losing loved ones or not being able to visit family and friends.
Nevertheless, we can see the light at the end of the tunnel and thanks to the roll out of the new vaccines, we feel good about the year ahead.
We are determined to make 2021, our 21st year, a great one. Our calendar of events is looking very healthy and compared to the first lockdown in March 2020 when events were postponed or cancelled indefinitely, our clients are returning to us to say “Let’s do it this year!” and “We need to celebrate and recognise the hard work people have put in during an incredibly tough year”.
THE NEW NORMAL?
We all agree that events may never look the same as before the pandemic, with hundreds and thousands of people gathering in one space, but the acceptance of the changes to our way of working is half the battle.
Our new normal is to connect with people via online calls, meetings, workshops and seminars, and we are all happy to contribute the obligatory waving at the screen at the beginning and end of a call!
Virtual and hybrid events will continue to deliver the conferences and meetings which organisations need to stay in touch with employees, industry partners, members and colleagues, until the time that we can return to face to face meetings and shake hands again.
So, we have made a list of 5 things to be positive about in 2021. What would your list look like?
1. A calendar full of Virtual and Hybrid events – not a year of cancellation and disappointment. The majority of our physical 2020 events were postponed and rescheduled. They may not look the same, but we will continue to support organisations deliver their important messages and celebrate the achievements of their colleagues.
2. Our very first company video – We are so excited to have our very own video. Showcasing what we do best. We hope it captures the essence of OD&V’s offering. Let us know what you think.
3. COVID-19 vaccination roll-out in the UK and the world – let’s hope that the vaccine wins the race against the rising number of cases. The lockdown restrictions across all four nations of the UK will hopefully slow down the infection rate and allow the vaccine to control the spread.
4. No furlough here at OD&V – all of our team are busy working away, planning client events for 2021 and beyond. From the get-go, we have been developing bespoke events; meeting virtually with clients; researching available platforms; booking in dates; creating project management schedules; developing design ideas with our graphics and visuals team; creating exciting sponsorship packages; and talking to our technical teams and partners.
5. OD&V is 21 this year and in line with tradition, we accept the “key to the door” of unlimited opportunity. This life is what we make it, and we are determined to make 2021 our biggest and best year yet! 21st birthday parties are not usually our thing, but this year, we plan to celebrate our 21st birthday year in style. Keep your eyes open for more details later in the year.
So, stay safe and well, and look after one another. This new way of living is definitely a marathon not a sprint but, by surrounding yourself with the right people, you will find the strength to “keep calm and carry on!”
#hybridevents #virtualevents #events #2020events #eventprofs #eventtech #eventmanagement #wemakeevents #theshowmustgoon #covid19 #eventplanning #teamwork #collaboration #TeamODV #bettertogether